Thursday, October 29, 2009

UNIQUE IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN



“CUP ‘O’ CHINO”
5x7 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown

At the side of a remote stretch of road I spotted this drive-through coffee stand named “Cup ‘O’ Chino Expresso”. (Their spelling, not mine.)

How could I pass this up? I began with a quick thumbnail sketch to clarify my composition and lighting, then plunged into the plein air painting. I snapped a photo before leaving, because I’m sure there will be many who wouldn’t believe this was real.

Email me if you have a taste for this painting: tombrownstudio@cox.net

2 Comments:

Blogger Prerana Kulkarni said...

I like this one, very unique place and a good composition. Where was this?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Love it!!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home