Sunday, February 28, 2010

ROCKY STREAM BED, PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN




"ON THE ROCKS"
6x8 inch Plein Air Impressionist
Original Oil Painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Here's another change of pace from my usual Plein Air landscapes; an intimate close-up of a rocky stream bed.

I was attracted to this subject by the interesting pattern of rocks. I wanted to capture the craggy feeling of these rocks while keeping the overall composition loose and free.

For comparison with my Plein Air painting I am attaching a photo of the scene that I shot while painting on location. This lets you see how I edited various elements of the scene to create a more compelling visual while maintaining the essence of the subject.

I am pleased with the result, and in fact I'm thinking of creating an entire series of paintings in this vein. Let me know your thoughts.

This is another painting that may appear in the book of my art to be released later this year. If you would like to purchase this painting at "pre-gallery" prices email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking.
-- Tom Brown

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger joanieART said...

This painting is perfection. Appreciate when you show your photo reference, thanks. The colors you chose, and just the lively brushwork makes this thrilling.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home