Friday, September 17, 2010

RAINY POND AT NIGHT BY TOM BROWN


“RAINY POND AT NIGHT”
6x8 inch original oil painting
By Tom Brown


Check out the effect of raindrops hitting the surface of the pond in this painting. And the moonlight shimmering across the pond’s surface. I was pleased with these effects.

It was a terrible night to be out, so I didn’t paint this on location. I did a couple of pencil sketches on site and made written notes about the effects of the raindrops, light, reflections, color, etc.

Then I painted this in the studio. I do like to paint en plein air (even at night sometimes), but I’m NOT so dedicated that I want to paint outdoors in the RAIN at night.)

Let me know if you like it, or if you wish to buy it. tombrownstudio@cox.net
Thanks for looking.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger padmaja said...

will there be anyone who is not going to fall in love with this one?!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I love the silvery blue color. The effect is quite beautiful. I love it. I don't blame you for not wanting to paint in the rain.

9:07 PM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

Wow! Tom! That is a diamond!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home