Wednesday, February 19, 2014

LAKE with DUCKS, COLORFUL PLEIN AIR 6x4 OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE FOR THIS PAINTING:

This painting was done as a demonstration for my students during a Plein Air Workshop I taught recently. If you've seen my painting of Ruby's here recently, this is a painting that was done facing in the opposite direction.

This location was a plein air painter's dream, with something interesting to paint in all directions. And we were able to comfortably set up our easels in the cool shade beneath the trees at the edge of this lake. While we painted, we were visited by many ducks who seemed to be hoping for a handout.

I thought it would be interesting to show a photo that was taken while I was painting this picture, for comparison with my artistic interpretation of the scene.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home