Tuesday, February 18, 2014

TREES, BIRDS, 8x6 INCH PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE FOR THIS PAINTING:
 
I was interested in the muted greens of this tree's foliage and the softness it seemed to have. I wanted to capture that feeling on this canvas.

A bonus was the birds. The entire time I painted this, the birds kept up a beautiful song. They were at their best, and it definitely added to my enjoyment of painting this.

Just as I considered this canvas complete, the birds took flight. I immediately grabbed a brush and added that to the picture. I think it adds a touch of magic somehow. I hope you agree.

There's something about getting out in the fresh air and sunshine with my paint box and capturing the sensations I'm experiencing. The warmth of the sun, the clean fresh air, the sounds of birds; it all seems to become a part of the painting.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home