Tuesday, January 02, 2018

FULL MOON, NEW YEAR’S DAY, 2018

When I saw the full moon on the first night of the New Year I couldn’t resist, and quickly grabbed my outdoor kit for night painting. It includes a small “miner’s headlamp” that affixes to my cap, which illuminates my palette and painting without affecting my night vision.
     The sky was a sort of periwinkle color as the moon was rising, and the moon itself was a golden color, leaning toward a peach tint in portions. And there was a faint glow around the moon. Stars were abundant, and the landscape was not yet completely dark. It was a perfect time for painting. And the fact that this was the first day of the New Year made it extra special.
     The truth is, I’m never really sure how a night painting will look until I see it in the light of day. This one turned out to be a winner. I’m very pleased with it. Hope you like it too.
     If you’re interested, this is a 6x6 original oil painting that is available HERE for just $50. But don’t wait too long; I may change my mind and decide to keep it for my own collection as a keepsake of the New Year. 
    Tom Brown
    tombrownstudio@gmail.com
      #oilpainting #impressionism #pleinair #pochade #landscape #newyear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home