Friday, December 21, 2007

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE


“CLOUD SHADOWS ACROSS THE LAND”
6x8 inch Original Oil Painting

SOLD

These clouds yesterday were billowing up to the heavens, creating quickly moving shadows across the land. I spotted this from the freeway and immediately looked for the next exit to find a spot where I could capture it in oils.

To paint this I used the mini paintbox described in my Plein Air CD lesson. The paintbox is compact and I keep it handy in my car for opportunities like this. I was very pleased with the outcome. I feel this captures the drama I saw in the sky and across the land. I hope you like it too. If you would like to buy it, email me at tombrownart@gmail.com I take PayPal and personal checks.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Listening to LeAnn Rimes yodeling
(Google LeAnn Rimes, Cowboy Sweetheart and have a listen)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

Beautiful, airy painting. Love it!

12:15 PM  
Blogger J Matt Miller said...

Another knock-out Tom!

8:53 PM  
Blogger indiaartist said...

Wow! How beautiful and how efficiently achieved effects! It is very well done. Thanks.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home