Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CALIFORNIA OCEAN & PALM TREES PLEIN AIR PAINTING




Title: “COASTAL CONNECTION”
Size: 10x4 inch original oil painting
SOLD

An interesting story inspired the title for this painting. An elderly Japanese couple who were visiting the area watched as I set up my equipment to paint this piece. The gentleman struck up a conversation and asked permission to stand close and photograph the painting in progress.

His wife rarely spoke but I found the gentleman very outgoing and interesting, and we had an enjoyable time exchanging ideas on a wide variety of topics. It was instant chemistry; a natural connection.

He used the smallest camera I ever saw. The camera was about the size of a thumb-drive and he shot dozens of photos as I painted two different scenes. One painting was quite large, and they seemed to connect with it immediately. They bought it wet, right off the easel.

We had exchanged business cards and when I returned home I was amazed to find that he had already emailed me about 20 photos of this painting as it developed. I decided to share a few of them with you so you could see what they saw. Enjoy!

Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you would like to own this painting.

If you’re an artist, you might enjoy my CDs or the new set of DVDs that were shot live as I painted on location during the filming of my TV shows. Email me for details.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Connecting with new friends

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Wonderful painting! I love your painterly style and your colors. Would you show us a picture of the one they bought right off the easel?

10:38 AM  
Blogger DIANE TASSELMYER said...

tom, those palm trees are luscious. thanks for the mini lesson..It has helped me to SEE MORE of your work. it's beautiful!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home