Monday, May 12, 2008

PLEIN AIR PAINTING, SUNSET BY TOM BROWN




“MAGIC HOUR”
8x4 inch original oil painting

Click image of the full painting or detail for a larger view.
To purchase, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

Plein air painting lets you grab the thrill you feel outdoors and capture it in oils. There’s a quality of magic to it that’s hard to describe. It’s a total sensory experience that seems to include the scent of the earth, sounds of birds, the breeze on your face. And that freshness and excitement come through in your paintings.

If you’re a studio artist I urge you to try plein air painting. Your work will take a quantum leap overnight. To get you started I’ve created a CD entitled “PLEIN AIR PAINTING MADE EASY.” It costs just $30 and it’s for the absolute beginner.

This CD includes everything you need to know to join the fun of outdoor painting: a short supply list, packing tips, alternatives to expensive easels, brushwork, color mixing, and loads more. Including step-by-step demonstrations and comparisons of basic approaches under different outdoor conditions. This CD is an e-book that you use on your computer, or print out for handy reference. Everyone raves about it.

Recently I’ve also been able to make 4 of my TV shows available on DVDs. In each video I am filmed live on location painting the scene before us. The cameras follow every step from blank panel to finished painting as I explain everything in detail while I paint.

The DVDs cost $30 each and I’m excited about all of them, but if you want to get just one I would suggest “BACK BAY.” In the “BACK BAY” video I show how to make a simple outdoor painting kit that costs nothing. It’s great, because you can try your hand at outdoor painting without wasting lots of money on unnecessary things like a French easel.

If you want all 4 DVDs I can give you a discounted price of $100 for the full set. To order CDs or DVDs just email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net. I accept PayPal or personal checks, whichever you prefer. Shipping is free anywhere in the USA.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Capturing the magic of nature in your work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home