Sunday, May 11, 2008

PALMS & HISTORIC ADOBE, PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



“HISTORIC MONTANEZ ADOBE”
6x8 inch original oil painting


When I approached the caretaker for permission to paint on this property with my students, I was welcomed with a smile and told, “Make it your home.” It was the beginning of another wonderful day.

The Montanez Adobe is located in the historic Los Rios district of San Juan Capistrano near the famous mission. It was built in 1794 and is listed on the National Historic Register. Painting on this property was like touching a piece of history.

In this painting I was interested in capturing a special quality of light and color. It has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated, but if you click the images for a larger view you will get a better sense of the lush color and brushwork.

Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you would like to buy this painting or if you’re interested in DVDs of my TV shows where I am filmed painting on location. (By the way, thanks to everyone for the kind comments about my recent DVDs. Glad you like them!)

Today’s thought to smile about:
People with kindness in their hearts

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

This is a fantastic painting as usual.I am enjoying the DVDs I purchased recently from you.The Plein Air one is very thorough and I am trying out my new skills.Thank you for sharing your talent so generously.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home