Friday, May 02, 2008

BARN, BIRD NEST DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“ALWAYS OPEN”
9x12 inch original oil painting
SOLD

I couldn’t resist doing a quick study of this when it caught my eye. In the side of an abandoned barn a bird’s nest was snugly nestled into a small opening between splintered boards.

I was interested in the contrast between the delicate texture of the nest and the weathered barn wood. Slanting shadows called attention to the placement of the nest in the side of the barn and accentuated the fragility of the nest.

Since this was merely intended as a study to capture the moment, the edges of the canvas are not completely painted. But I thought this was such a charming piece I wanted to share it with you. Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you wish to buy it.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Intimate glimpses of nature

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is a wonderful little vignette - crisp and lively! Simply charming.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home