Thursday, November 27, 2008

PLEIN AIR NIGHT SCENE BY TOM BROWN



“NIGHT LIGHTS”
8x4 inch plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, “Painting nocturnes is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get,” – until you see it next morning in daylight. This one is delicious. It’s loaded with rich, subtle colors that don’t show up very well on a computer screen, but this photo gives you an idea of the composition.

Today’s happy thought:
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

Blogger Little J said...

Very nice work! I bet is lovely viewed in person.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Judi

11:59 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

I love night scene and you've painting this one wonderfully.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, isn't that the view coming down the hill from my house in Newport, right before the turn to the grocery store. I've stopped there a hundred times to see the lights, not the city lights, but the gold lights, and I never painted it because I didn't think anyone would get it, except for maybe VanGaugh, and he is dead. I wish that we had connected years ago, (like when I had a house, and didn't know about civil rights) but now that I do, and don't, I'm glad that you are you. I moved my leg today, in a while I will be walking. Maybe to the post office to mail off a request for CDs-Carol

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home