Thursday, January 31, 2008

ANTIQUE TEAPOT AND ROSES by Tom Brown


“ANTIQUE TEAPOT AND ROSES”
8x10 inch original oil painting
To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownart@gmail.com
SOLD

Yesterday I posted a photo of this painting during its development. At that time only the teapot itself was completed. The silver teapot is a family heirloom that belongs to my wife. This is the finished painting, complete with flowers, tabletop and background. It may be interesting to compare this with yesterday’s image.

I want to thank all of you who have emailed me such wonderful comments about the recent paintings I have posted here. That truly makes my day! As always I’m interested in your reactions or comments about this one (positive OR negative). Let me hear from you. tombrownart@gmail.com

Today’s thought to smile about:
Being a good friend to someone in need

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori McNamara said...

It looks lovely, a fine finish! I think you should give it to your wife for valentines day!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That surface is so magical, I can feel it and hear the ring of it, by just looking, wow, I love the brilliance of the reflections and the soft edges. I wonder if you could have left a mystery, the way that cinemtographers do; if you could have made us guess what one or another of the reflections is. When it was just the pot we wondered, but with the rose, the mystery is solved, and our anticipation is desolved, sigh, but with the roses it the most graceful image that I have encountered. I love you, -Carol (Oh lucky you Mrs. Tom!)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Rodie Chowda said...

Hi Tom - It's Rosie from the fine arts center class. Just leaving a note to let you know that I have an elephants memory and remembered the link you gave me to your blog.

Cheers and happy painting!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home