Tuesday, April 08, 2008

SUNSET DAILY PAINTING, LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN


“NO STOPPING ANY TIME”
6x8 inch original oil painting

SOLD

Two factors inspired the title of this piece: a sign at the side of the road, and the fact that a sunset must be captured quickly because of rapidly changing light.

At times like this I trust my instincts and react to the landscape without over-thinking it. There simply isn’t time to stop and analyze; I work very spontaneously and intuitively.

Sunset paintings don’t always succeed, but when they do the result is an emotion-packed piece with rich, juicy color and brushwork like this little jewel. This piece is going to add a spot of lively color to someone’s wall.

Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you want this for your home.

In a recent blog post I mentioned that if you’re an artist who hasn’t yet tried painting outdoors from nature, I strongly encourage you to give it a try. There’s nothing like plein air painting to make your work come alive.

For details about my instructional CDs on OIL PAINTING FOR THE BEGINNER or my CD on PLEIN AIR PAINTING click the headline above. Complete information is on my website.

Thanks for stopping to look.

Today’s thought to smile about:
A day when everything seems to go right

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JudyMackeyart said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:58 AM  
Blogger JudyMackeyart said...

Beautiful, Tom!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful.
It's hard to do a sunset with out going a little 'garish', but the power in this one is the color harmony. The red green rings true. Love it.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I actually got drunk from looking at this, there is something about the colors, that only you know, and that I hope to find out: when I looked at it, I was intoxicated by the colors, which I asume is deliberate, but I wonder how you create that safe space in which disbelief is suspended and one falls into the painting as if into another dimention, full of euphoria and excitement. I'm hooked, if I only had fewer committments and more time for the important things, like studying art. -Carol

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home