Friday, April 04, 2008

VINTAGE TEXACO STATION DAILY PAINTING, LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN


“ALWAYS OPEN”
6x6 inch original oil painting

SOLD

I discovered this abandoned service station on a country back road years ago and stopped to do sketches and color notes so that I could paint it some day. This studio painting is the result, hope you like it.

The title for the painting is a play on words that comes from the fact that the abandoned building had no door and a faded yellowed sign in a window said, “ALWAYS OPEN.” Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you’re interested in this painting.

For details about my instructional CDs on OIL PAINTING FOR THE BEGINNER or my CD on PLEIN AIR PAINTING click the headline above. Complete information is on my website.

Thanks for stopping to look.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Discoveries made on country back roads

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JudyMackeyart said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:14 AM  
Blogger JudyMackeyart said...

I love this subject matter and you've captured a feeling of nostalgia.
Judy

7:14 AM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is great. Love the old gas stations.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home