Sunday, August 17, 2008

DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


LANDSCAPE STUDY
Approx. 5.5X.35 inch oil painting

This was a quick study done from the front seat of my car. I wanted to capture the essence of the scene and felt a camera wouldn’t get the feeling I wanted.

I had pulled the car to the side of the road and did this little study on a piece of card stock, while on a road trip to somewhere else. Today I decided to share it on my blog. Hope you like the view.

If you would like to try your hand at oil painting, check out my series of CDs and DVDs that will get you started right. They show how anyone can paint well on their first try. The DVDs are episodes from my TV shows where I am filmed live on location painting the scenes in front of us. The CDs are “e-books” that you can use on your computer or print out for reference. Email me for details if you’re interested. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

If you’re in the Orange County area stop and view my new show of work in Laguna Beach. The gallery address is: ARTIST EYE LAGUNA GALLERY, 1294 S. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA. Email me for additional details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Today’s thought to smile about:
The early morning calm and peacefulness
(before the rest of the world wakes up)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Wonderful painting Tom. Bright and fresh.

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home