Thursday, January 04, 2018

MINIATURE LANDSCAPE OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN

Small studies can pack a big punch. I love doing them. They’re a great way to capture a moment, explore ideas for bigger paintings, or just have fun.
     I do them often; usually just for my own pleasure. I don’t paint them with the idea of selling them. I do them to keep for myself. Each one is like a little jewel; a little treasure.
     But a friend convinced me that others might appreciate them too, and suggested I share some of them online.
     This is a 3x5 inch oil painting on cardboard, with a 1-inch border all around. The overall size of the panel is 5x7 inches.
     It is worth noting that many fine art paintings executed on cardboard have survived in museums for over 100 years. Many famous artists including Picasso, Miro, Vuillard, Toulouse-Lautrec, Degas and others used cardboard to create finished paintings. So I guess this is in good company.
     If you’re interested, this painting is available HERE with a $25 starting bid.
     tombrownstudio@gmail.com
      #oilpainting #impressionism #pleinair #pochade #landscape #newyear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home